S
E
B
A
R
The epic ninja battle-
June 27th, 2009 by Tessa

So, at the bidding of the list-, I was dragged to the doctors office- where my mom tells me I have to get shots…..

I have a personal fear of shots starting at an early age. Since I was a strep throat  carrier (meaning ”it” had made a permanant *settlement*  inside my throat) I had to get antibiotic shots (which are very, very painful…).

Ever since then, I have become horrified at the thought of getting a shot. I sat in the doctors office reminding myself that if I ever wanted to complete my ninja training (which might also involve pointy objects and/or swords) I would have to get over my fear of shots -_-……

My mom turned to me and said, “so would you like to get your bribery now our afterwards?”

I have a bribery I thought to myself this changes everything!

“Can I see what it is???” Phoebe asked, jumping up and down (she didn’t  get anything). “Did they have a pair for a bunny?” She asked. I knew what it was now- a pair of cat ears. (for those of you who don’t know- I’ve spent half of my child hood wearing cat ears in public- until they broke….)

I took the shots. And I know my mom tried really hard to find them, but they aren’t the best cat ears in the world…….. My head is too big (there for little kids- so the ears stick up on my head like black deformed bunny ears.)

But the thought was nice ^_^

now we all have all of our shots for the trip…..

6 Responses
Jennifer Prescott writes:
June 30th, 2009 at 11:42 am

I was glad to see this account of the vaccinations … I had wondered about it! I’m glad they’re out of the way. :-)

Chloe Cline writes:
June 30th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

lol wow the cat ears……………………………i hope to get you an awesome pair of new ears that i will let you wear in middle school (if you are still crazy enough to do so) i will also be sure to get LOTS of stuff for you and put them in my wells memorial (along with the sparkler stick hehehe)

when ever i think of your fear of shots i think of the time when we were playing the elements game and me and pheobe were going to give you a FAKE shot yet you said it was to scary and you started attacking us……………….i am not to proud of that last part…………..

PS: i got a cat charm at an antique store to put on our bracelet! it is really cute!

Tessa writes:
July 1st, 2009 at 10:55 am

CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 I am so happy to see that your looking at our posts!

Eileen writes:
July 1st, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Tessa,
You were so very brave! I love the cat ears! Have a wonderful trip. I will be following your adventures.
Nurse Eileen

Alexa Astoega writes:
August 13th, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I saw this FOREVER ago but had no time to comment on it. You are SOOOOOOOOOO brave! I also have a BIG fear of shots (and my doctor). Have fun with these last few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Alexa

Alexa Astorga writes:
August 13th, 2009 at 4:56 pm

OOOOOPS!!! I spelt my last name wrong!