S
E
B
A
R
ECHO Echo echo…
August 13th, 2009 by Tessa

My mom had herself set on going to the hot springs- but when we arrived we found that they had taken the water from the hot springs and just put it in a pool. Annoyed, we decided to go on the gondola. The gondola would bring us to the top of the mountain, and once there, we decided to WALK down. This looked like a rather short route but we couldn’t see the masses of switch backs on the way down. So we headed off down the trail…..

We used Phoebe as our anti-wildlife noise maker and let her talk the whole way down so that we wouldn’t have to confront a bear or cougar. People shouted at us from the gondola:

“HI LITTLE PEOPLE!”

“HEY!” we shouted back.

“FART!” The boy shouted at us. The word fart echoed around the mountain as the 8 year old boy disappeared into the trees.

This started Phoebes want to echo everything we said. We also decided to name all of the chipmunks we saw (which actually turned out to be ground squirrels…..).

“This one is Chippy Munkoo because Chippy Munkoo sounds Japanese like,” I said pointing to one that had just ran in front of us.

LIKE LIKE Like like like like,” Phoebe echoed.

“-and I’ll name the next one Chip-a Munk-ee” I finished.

EE EE Ee ee ee ee” Phoebe echoed the last syllable.

“Keep your eye out for wildlife girls!” My dad said to us.

GIRLS GIRLS Girls girls girls girls” Phoebe echoed.

“What was that?” I said.

THAT THAT That that that that.”

“ I don’t see anything” My mom said.

THING THING Thing thing thing thing.”

“It kind of looks like an ostrich-” I said

“Ya, a Canadian Ostrich,” My mom said.

OST-RICH, RICH, Rich, rich, rich, rich.”

“Phoebe, would you stop that?” My mom asked.

SURE, SURE, Sure, sure, sure, sure.”

Phoebe stopped and let us pass her, but we could still hear her echoing us from a couple yards away.

The walk was longer than we’d thought. Everyone was complaining about something- for Phoebe it was her ankles, for my mom, her thighs, for my dad it was his knees and for me it was my stomach (I was REALLY hungry).

When we finally made it down we almost collapsed from exhaustion.

7 Responses
Cricket Bourget writes:
August 14th, 2009 at 11:56 am

Tess, very amusing narrative of what sounds like a beautiful day–what a way to become exhausted! Bet you weren’t too tired to eat. ;)

Sam writes:
August 15th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

EAT, eat, eat, eat, eat…. Haha

Grandma eb writes:
August 16th, 2009 at 7:51 am

Oh what a funny story Tessa…I almost felt I was with you! HI larious.

I too loved the pics. Looks really BEAUTIFUL Kate.
Jeff we haven’t heard from you yet. I can see your eyes roll though.

xxoo eb

Isabel Coffey writes:
August 17th, 2009 at 12:44 pm

HI! I’d be hungry too. It sounds like you’re having fun.

Ms. Lisa, Noelle, & Brooke writes:
August 17th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Tessa,

Phoebe has the gift of gab and you have the gift of story-telling. Promise to print these and keep them in a journal of some sort… Publish them when you get back. A best-selling author before age 15? It may just be…

It looks like the Wells are having a wonderful trip thus far. Wish we were in the Rockies or Bahamas or some other exotic location, but some of us had to be here for Khalsa Opening Day. Sure was quiet on the playground without Phoebe! :)

Auntie Krissy writes:
August 20th, 2009 at 6:05 am

LMBO Tessa!
I can just imagine how extra annoying it would be if Jack was with you guys. Love your story telling, ditto the comment above about keeping a record of your postings.
We’ve made reading your blogs part of our morning ritual, we just love keeping up with you guys. Call us whenever you can and let’s really try harder to Skpe each other. xoxo

chloe cline writes:
August 28th, 2009 at 1:44 pm

tessa,
its no wonder you were the hungry one!