S
A
R
Swimmming with the Wild Seals
February 16th, 2010 by Phoebe

Swimming with the WIld Seals

By Phoebe Wells

Frigid water crashes on the shore

Dark as a rain cloud

Thick as a misty day.

Monsterous waves rolling on top

of me crashing with foam.

Kelp clinging to the rock

Flowing like hair

Of a sea Medusa.

Rocks moody grey

Coated in bird droppings

Small shrubs cling on.

Seals glide through the water

Slick and smooth

Barking with joy

Graceful in the water

Just within reach

Happiness

But nervous as I look

Into their soulful eyes.

11 Responses
Ed Childers writes:
February 16th, 2010 at 9:39 am

WELL DONE, Phoebe!!

Nana Wells writes:
February 16th, 2010 at 10:49 am

Pappy had Nana sit down and read. I’m waiting for both Uncle Curtis and his wife Sarah to read, Phoebe. They gave me a great book of poetry, so Nana will just have to put your edition of “Swimming with the wild seals” in this gift book!
We are on our way today, next, across our state to Ft. Myers, Florida. So now I have a great story to share with other grandma’s while Pappy meet’s with all his other retired American Airline Chicago pilot buddies, telling their memories. But no swimming adventures for us, it is a cool 58 degrees right now.

Isabella Horning writes:
February 16th, 2010 at 7:15 pm

hi Phoebs! we got a web cam.Do you know what the time difference is? Maybe we can get together on the web cam.Bi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Prescott writes:
February 18th, 2010 at 8:44 am

Great poem, Phoebe! And I have a creative writing degree so I am clearly an EXPERT. :-) I dreamed last night that I was in the ocean feeding mussels to a group of seals. I was a little scared of them though because if I didn’t feed them fast enough they would nip at me. The previous entry with the dogs and the mussels came into play here too, apparently. Maybe this blog is overloading my senses?!

Pappy writes:
February 18th, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Your Poem was wonderful Phoebe. Of course you know that Medusa are Jellyfish.
When I was younger I like to read Greek Mithology. There MEDUSA was a Witch,
her hair was SNAKES. Do a Google on MEDUSA — Luv You All — Pappy

Christy Cline writes:
February 20th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Great Poem Phoebe!

Miranda writes:
March 9th, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Beautiful Phoebe!

Lori Clement writes:
March 31st, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Phoebe, what a beautiful poem. Made me feel like I was there with you!

alex writes:
May 11th, 2010 at 7:38 pm

hey phoeby how are you? i love the poem cant wait to see you when you come home

alex

Duffy writes:
June 5th, 2010 at 10:38 am

Phoebe…

What an incredible poem…you have so many talents. I read it to Pat and he though it was a by a professional writer. We are so proud of all the everyone is doing and look forward to seeing you when you get home.

Pat and Duffy